Our 3rd quarter 2018 client letter has been released. We talk about trend following strategies and the numerous benefits they provide to a diversified portfolio.Read More
We all know how important it is to plan for the later stages in life for ourselves and our family members. I came across this article in the New Yorker about major abuses in the guardianship system. I think it is important for everyone to read this and develop an awareness of guardianship law so that you can identify potential abuses so they may be avoided. This information is very important to protecting you and your family members rights and assets.
View the article here:
When an investor buys stock in a company, they are not merely giving a company money, they are buying an ownership stake in the company. The board of directors and management of the company are then accountable to the owners(shareholders) for how they run the business…at least that is how it used to work.Read More
I came across the best article I have seen on the much talked about, but often little understood Fiduciary Rule. This article clearly articulates the conflicts of interest that pervade the asset management industry.
3Summit proudly signs a fiduciary pledge for all our clients, committing to acting in and protecting the best interests of our clients. Read this article to find out why this is so important.
- Currency exposure from investing in international developed and emerging markets should not be hedged due to the high probability of reducing long-term returns resulting from additional costs.
- Hedging currency exposure may reduce volatility while also resulting in a loss of diversification benefit of holding foreign securities.
- Conventional portfolio diversification does little to control overall investment risk as a 60/40 portfolio results in a 97.5% correlation to stocks since 1972.
- High quality portfolio management decisions can only be made when risk is decomposed in a consistent process that is quantifiable and logical. A Multi-Dimensional Diversification framework provides superior diversification and investment risk control.
- Deferring your Social Security benefit until age 70 instead of claiming the benefit when you are first eligible at age 62 results in a monthly payment which is 76% higher.
- The option to defer Social Security is the cheapest insurance policy available against living longer than expected.